Sitting at a desk for the majority of the day while keeping your spine straight seems like a superfluous task. You are even slouching right at this moment. Am I not right? Slouching is something we all do, regret, and then repeat. In this article, we discuss how to keep good posture in office chair
How To Keep Good Posture In Office Chair With 5 Simple Steps
Avoiding the pitfalls of prolonged sitting and slouching is a herculean task, especially for people with 9 to 5 jobs. A study performed on 60 State Bank of India employees (District S.B.S. Nagar, Punjab) proves this. This study, aimed to examine the prevalence of Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) among SBI employees, shows that lousy working posture is the chief contributor to MSD. All we need to know is to aware of proper sitting posture at the computer to sit all day in front of them.
People often search for how to stop slouching in the office chair but end up being slouched. Saying goodbye to slouching isn’t as simple as it seems. Worry not! You can slowly but surely learn to improve and maintain your posture. Read on, and start count-downing five simple tips to maintain your posture at the office chair and make you aware of correct posture in office chair.
- Keep giving your muscles a break: Prolonged sitting puts persistent pressure on your spine, prevents the blood flow around your body, and turns you into a miserable young prune. The practice of prolonged sitting paves a path for slouching to creep in. To stop this, keep giving your muscles a break every hour or so. Get up and move for at least a few minutes. You can apply the 20-20-20 rule to correct posture in office chair.
- Keep your body in alignment: Ever happened that you sit straight and in the blink of an eye, you find yourself hugging your keyboard and kissing the screen? You must enjoy a love affair with your job, but this love affair might result in wear and tear on the spine. Make sure to keep your ears, shoulders, and spine in alignment and straight as an arrow.
- Support your spine for correct sitting posture all day: A support pillow could be your mysterious hero to send your shoulder, back, and neck pains on their way. With a support pillow sitting behind your back, you’ll have no option but to sit straight.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades: Perform a shoulder blade squeeze. This practice will bring your rounded shoulders back and your chest up.
- Avoid sitting in a chair with your legs crossed: Crossed legs might contribute to back, neck, and shoulder pain. If this practice of placing your feet flat on the ground pains you, prop your feet on the footrest. Your body will thank you later.
Conclusion for a Correct Sitting Posture at Office Chair
Bad posture leads to poor blood circulation, tremendous fatigue, and reduced efficiency of the lungs. Couple that with prolonged sitting. Now, you’ve got on your hands a health hazard that is nothing less than a nightmare for health-conscious people.
Combine these five tips with NeuKelp, a smart posture trainer, to escape from these nightmares to daydreams of healthy posture today!
#Healthy Posture. Healthy You.